Sunday, February 05, 2006

Another BBQ... Too many of them!!!

Today was the MBA welcome BBQ for new students.. but there were also current and almost graduating students. It was good to mingle, see the familiar faces from orientation day and getting tips on how to survive MBA from the current students. Alex came with me (yaaay thanks!! hehe) which was good coz it's a bit hard to venture into a new environment by myself hehe But I do feel that it's getting easier and easier everytime.. It's a big deal to get out of your comfort zone.. I guess it comes with practice!

So, it was at Matilda Bay.. gosh, I guess I'll never be able to cut my ties with that place!! Not complaining - it's such a serene and beautiful part of Perth =)
At the BBQ met this Italian guy who's on exchange for this trimester. It was cool to hear him speak hehe That accent.. Mun-day Toos-Day... hehe So cute!! Quite a few exchange students, and also the 6 degrees of separation is scary!! Met this guy (finished his MBA), he knows Alex because he's Ivy's older brother. And guess who Ivy is... I went to Chinese school with her back in my high school days! How amazing! :O

There was this ADORABLE doggie at the bay.. it just soaked in the water for the whole afternoon. I don't know how long it has been there but from the time I saw it til it come out of the water (because at the end, the owner told it to get out), it was a good solid 1 hour of soaking!! And it just stood there in the water, soaking and enjoying being cool. It was just so adorable!!!!! It looked the passersby, and boats that drove past it... It looked a bit dumb-dumb, but cute! When it finally came out of the water.. I said to Alex "Oh my goodness, it's got legs!" hehe I couldn't help but to take some shots....

Look at it standing there all by itself.. awwwww

A closer look of the cute doggie...

After the BBQ, Alex and I bummed and relaxed... then he did some work while I zoned out hehe =) Of course had to take some pics... A serious photo first..Then he stuck his tongue out, so I had to do it too =)

It was a nice day out... in the morning it was bloomin' hot but by the end of the afternoon it was soooo nice... nice conclusion =)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

nice pics...matilda bay is so pretty. sometimes i wonder what I'd be doing if i'd gone to UWA like I'd intended :)