Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Woo hooo! Go Eagles!!!

(Image courtesy of AFL.com)

Woah, was that an exciting game or what?!?!?! Oppa and I joined his friends (same crowd as last year's grand final) and we watched the whole historic event in Champions Bar @ Burswood. The place was packed.. and Ruby Room (upstairs) was showing as well but it was special as it had hosts and they had cheerleaders!

Anyway, it was very exciting.. especially the last quarter where there was only 1 point difference between Swans and Eagles. My heart was thump thump thump.. luckily siren went off before Swans even had a chance to kick another goal. If the time went on for another 3-4 minutes, I think we would've handed over the premiership to the Swans!! But Eagles did Very well.. Barry Hall.. HA! He was awful! A pure brute I say!!! Luckly, Glass managed to hold him down. hehe

SOOO after the grand fina.. Yu Yee and her fiancee invited us over for lamb roast dinner! That was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yummy!!! It was really relaxing. Wined and dined.. listened to jazz music and chill out jazz remix. Then we chatted over apple pie with vanilla ice cream. It all sounded fattening, but Yu Yee's fiancee is health consience so all the preps were good.

And yes, I managed to get a photo or 2 =)

Thanks Yu Yee and Reece for a lovely night in! =)

Sunday was China's national holiday. I think they celebrate it when Chairman Mao Zhe Dong started the cultural revolution. It's not when Dr Sun Ya Tsen over turned the Manchurian government (which is the 10th Oct 1911). 10/10 is the date that Taiwan celebrates. I guess the communist party wanted to change it because nooo they can't have the same date as Taiwan! WTF... It's to celebrate our forefathers releasing CHINESE from the corruption and bad rulers back then! No politics should get in the way of that.. gee wee.. Anyway, dinner was DELICIOUS. Performance.. hmn!!! There were a lot of praise Chairman Mao Zhe Dong and the red army which existed during the Cultural Revolution. I have a lot of opinions about that, coz they can praise all they want.. but Cultural Revolution literally murdered the amazing culture China had!!!! All the historical buildings, artefacts.. were all ruined or destroyed. It's so stupid that when we visit China to see the amazig 5000+ years of history, what we see are REPLICAS of the once-amazing buildings/monuments etc. It was such a disappointment when we went to China knowing that it's not real =( And all the scholars during the revolution were all exiled and were not allowed to read anymore!!! That is why, a lot of the people in their 50-60s in China, most of them are illiterate. Because they were the KIDS that formed the red army during the cultural revolution.

And don't get me started on the chairman =P haha But yeah, he had his good points but hmn!!!! You do your own research on him.

*breath*

Despite all that, dinner was good... and I still took some snaps..


But that was it for my long weekend. Most of Monday I did work... Oppa was productive too! =) OH, forgot the most painful part of my Sunday lunch, 3.5 hours of group meeting at uni for a unit. That was painful and it was unproductive, unconstructive and almost a waste of time. We still managed to remain 3rd for this game the whole class has to partcipate.. but we don't get assessed on how well we played the game! It's all about the report we have to write.. that's the assesment part. Luckily, everyone's gaining their focus back. It's just a lot of stress and work remaining to do. And I have an assignment that's due NEXT week that I haven't even started yet =(

*MAJOR STRESS*

On a happier note, Angie came back to Perth yesterday morning. For a short week and then she goes back to Shanghai. Quickly caught up with her after uni last night.. at Mt Lawley. It was soo good to chat.. WJ was there as well!! I was starving so ended up ordering a beef burger there.. it was SOO YUMMY!! More expensive than other places but it was worthwhile, and the fries that came with it.. MM MM MM!!!!!!

Ok, better get back to work =P

No comments: