Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Taiwan trip... Cont'd

As mentioned in previous entry, our recent trip to Taiwan was like a whirlwind tour (my gawd, can't believe it's over 2 weeks ago!). Almost every day was jam-packed with places to go, people to visit and most importantly things to eat!

Our first day back to Taiwan, our first appointment at 10am was the hairdresser. Yes, the hairdresser. I explained to my workmate that somehow, we can not find anyone in Perth that would do our hair the way the Taiwanese hairdressers do it.. and a very good price too!!!! I mean, for Aussie Dollar $150 (or there abouts) we get:

1. Wash
2. Styled Cut
3. Hair dye (full head and 2 colours)
4. Blow Dry

Bargain right!!!?? And you get like 5-star treatment with coffee and snacks too! You only get this sort of treatment when you go to Meade or Toni & Guy or those high-class hairdressers.. This one also gives you a computer to go on the internet with while doing your hair!! Awesome!!!

We also got to experience the new high-speed railway that goes from northern taiwan to southern taiwan. Seats were about AUD$50 for economy and almost AUD$100 for business. On the way to Tainan (where our youngest uncle lives) we took economy (see below pic). Seats were rather hard.. but I still managed to sleep all the way (2 hours) haha Judy has the pictorial evidence. She was trying to capture the scenery and in each frame, I was fast asleep haha We also go to experience the business class because our youngest uncle treated us. How sweet! Seats were softer and we could put up our feet! tee hee

Apparently, the fastest the train could go is up to 300km/hr something. The parts were from different countries and handled by engineers from Japan, Germany, US. They mutual language was English, but can you imagine communication? Gawrsh, would hate to be the project manager!!

Another pleasure in Taiwan is the shopping!!!!! SHOP SHOP SHOP! Unfortunately we had too much self-restraint this time =( We knew we couldn't carry a lot and I think the weather also made a huge impact on our shopping appetite. When we were at the night markets, we just wanted to get out of there because it was damn humid and hot!!! Just wanted to shower and stay in the air-conditioned room! Fortunately, we had 1 day where it was quite cool. That was the day when we visited our favourite place and we almost bought out the store.... Can't wait for summer so I can start showing off!! =) This is us in action.. hehe Our aunty accompanied us in this shopping frenzy!! We spent like 2 hours there!!! Poor mum, she was a bit buggered.
I also promised my workmate that I would take a pic of the tallest building in the world... Taipei 101. I didn't think I was going to go anywhere near it this time round so I was going to give her the pics I took back in 2005 haha Hasn't changed mah!! =P But, I still managed to take a snap of it (yes, had to do something silly)...
Trying to get started on my individual assignment... *sigh* Sleepy... 9.07pm already and I haven't typed a word.. Oh no, I lied... I've done the headings =P AI YORRRRRRRRRRRRRR

No comments: