Heard many great things about them. How they have the exotic taste.. The fact that they're hard to grow so that's why they're so expensive, how they have special trained doggies to find them in the woods, and only posh restaurants would consider adding only a few thin pieces to complement the dish and to bring out the taste.. blah blah blah
So my family went to the truffles festival last week and brought home on little thing. J-san decided to cook scrambled eggs (after agonising over the past few days thinking what grand dish she needs to make to complement truffles).
Here's J-San hard at work..
And here's the final result. See that black thing on top of my scrambled eggs?? Truffles... Had a taste.. erm... gah? What was I meant to taste??? Hmmmm To me, it's over rated. But J-San was definitely basking herself in the bliss known as tasting expensive food haha =P I think it was totally wasted on me =P
Then in the arvo, J-san and her Big Mammal decided to make dumplings and invite Oppa and her friend over..Below is J-san's dumplings, both us gals got the skills from our papa, who comes from a family who LOVES flour-made-related food (such as dumplings, noodles etc). Hence they know how too cook them very well.. My grandma certainly has great culinary skills, unfortunately we didn't inherit those. We do know how to make good looking dumplings (giggle)
Below is Big Mammal's first try... haha =P It's ok, Oppa's were like that too. I was in shock when I saw how his family was wrapping the dumplings. I had to step in and show off some of my dumpling wrapping skills hehe Big Mammal's turned out to be prettier and prettier but I didn't take photos ahha
Here's J-San and Big Mammal caught in action. He wasn't ready though.. kekeke
The dumplings were delicious... one of my favourite =)

No comments:
Post a Comment