Well... I left work early yesterday and got my student card done at UWA... took me 30 mins to get to uni from work and it took me 5 minutes to get my card!! I tell ya, technology is just great!! Took my photo and then printed the card within minutes. It was quite amazing. And shock horror, I didn't look so terrible in my photo *grins* I compared it to the photo I had in 1st year, my gawd, I looked so juvenile back then! After the snaps, I went to get me books. Wanted to go to 2nd hand shop but it was CLOSED! Grrr.. some people have a good life! So I had to go to Co-Op. Books ain't cheap! Yuck! More money but I guess it's an investment (D'oh, I better study hard hehe)
Just came back from eating out with work mates. Even though I'm not with the design department anymore (been shifted to the other side of the building) they still involve me in these things which is quite sweet. Tradition is we go out and eat lunch when it's someone's birthday. In this case, there were 2 people, myself and the graphic designer. It was nice, and I'm full. Unfortunately my work mates told me only at 10am this morning, so I've already got dumplings from previous night!! So, I had to order garden salad (eek, full on vegetarian) and when I got back into office, I ate my dumplings. Lucky there weren't that many - only 10. I can eat more than that.. It's amazing the quantities I can eat sometimes =P
Anywho, I actually missed going out to eat (not the salad part though haha) but like Japanese/Korean or Italian.. Haven't ate out for agessssss. Been eating at home *boo hoo* But I guess it's good... for health reasons. We've been drinking healthy vegetable and fruit juices in the morning, eating lentils, lotsa veggies and reducing the intake of carbonated drinks (boo hoo, my coke) Everytime I see processed or fried food, I think "Eeek not good can't eat" And that totally puts me off =( I wish we could all eat whatever we want and not get sick!!!! Damn human beings, so fragile.
On a brighter note, I can't wait for a short week next week, it's Australia Day on Thursdsay! Yipee! Crappy though that it's not LONG WEEKEND!! They said last year we had the MOST long weekends.. and that was WONDERFUL... need more.

No comments:
Post a Comment