Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy Happy New Year~

Wow.... What a year 2006 has been. So much has happened. Perhaps a quick recount of major events

1. Mum was diagnosed end of 2005... she flew back to Taiwan to get 2nd opinion while Judy and I were forced to go on our planned family trip to Alice Spring by ourselves.

2. Welcomed new year 2006 asleep in Alice Spring... Didn't want to spend money to join a 70s themed party (trust me, you wouldn't either if you were there), so we just hung around the pub at the small small casino... Whilst thinking about how much fun our friends in Perth are having.. and how we miss our boy boys *sniffles*

3. Friends celebrated my 26th for me... pool party + bbq. Very very sweet of them. I am very much loved. MUAH. ***

4. Embarked on my postgrad journey in late Jan. The 1st trimester went by without a major glitch. First time staying up until 3am to complete a group project. Thank gawd that never repeated for the rest of the MBA year!

5. Still trying to get grasp reality with mum's diagnosis. Everyone's been very supportive. This is when we realised that many people care about mum and us. *sniffles*

6. One year anniversary of Oppa & I. One year already!?!? Time flew by. Nothing is always rosy and sunny.. but we pulled through. Still many obstacles to face together in the future, and hopefully.. it will be all a-ok, despite what others think. We both still got a lot of things to work on..

7. Announcement of my best friend's engagement. It was so exciting. She's always said I'll be the first one to get hitched but boy is she wrong!!! I am very happy for her. And I'm going to be a bridesmaid.. for the very first time!! Woo hoo!!! =) So I've been exercising like crazy to slim down and tone up. But have been slack since Xmas break.. Oopsies!!!! Wedding in 19 days! D'oh

8. Made to be PA to the managing director. Confused whether it was a good thing or not. Good because working closely with the director so learn more about the managerial side of things. Bad... because people look down on PAs. It's just a title but hmn... Met this stupid oversea student in MBA and when I told him what I do, he said "oh that's glorified secretary right?". I almost punched his face in. Such an arrogant bastard. I try not to let this thing get to me because at least I'm learning. Although sometimes feel a bit frustrated because do not have the power to do things. And I am only one woman! So much can be done, but it still needs to be Ok'd by the head above!!

9. Realised the importance of good time management. Uni was hard core, left little time for family already and had to also see friends and Oppa. Unfortunately, one of them had to go. So I've missed seeing my friends for the whole year. My classmates suffered the same fate. Her friends have stopped calling and just said "join us when you're free". How sad... But I'm glad that I still get emails from my friends asking to do things even though I have to reject most of the times =(

10. Mum made a comment before. I didn't have to sacrifice much whilst both my sis and dad did. I agree that I didnt have to give up my MBA, I didn't have to give up my job (like my dad) and I still managed to get some social life. At the time it sounded so hurtful because I contributed whenever and whereever. I din't go to the hospital with my mum when she has chemo treatment fortnightly coz it's dueing the working hours nor was I there to hold her hand when she does her CT Scan. My sister has experienced it all with my mum and held her hands. So instead of feeling hurtful.. I realised now that this will only make me be a stronger person and be more considerate of others' feelings.. and of course, better time management. We all have 24 hours a day. Perhaps I should stop my napping habit.. but.. it.. is.. so.. hard!! D'oh.. even as I'm writing this, I'm feeling sleepy.. Zzzz

***A friend kindly pointed out that I've got my age wrong and my spelling went out the window. D'oh! ahha Thanks Ev =P

Last year.. much has happened and if I had listed everything, I think I'd be here until next year! haha I guess the above 10 were the major moments in my life in 2006. And I'm sure there won't be any dull moments in the year 2007 either!!

For New Years Eve... after much Umming and Humming.. we finally decided to go to Burswood. We lined up for a whole hour to pay $30 to get into Ruby Room!! The line was unbelievable. But at least we got in! Some poor people were still waiting outside!!
The line started from the grand ballroom! =O
Because it's Paris themed.. it had a small Arc De Triomphe. Quite cool! =)
As well as a small Eiffle Tower.. Without the top bit haha

We were bored whilst lining up so Oppa & I took a few shots with our NYE hats that my dad got us from the inside the casino!
Cabaret dancers... try hards =P
Oppa giving me money.. Ain't no busker! But at least it was a whopping $50 ahhaha
Oppa wearing my earring.. some resemblance of Boy George right? hahaha
We finally made it into Ruby Room!!!! Had to take a celebratory photo... Mikewoahski took this one.. Hmn.. He totally missed the Ruby Room sign. *sigh*
Mum & Dad were lounging at the Jokers Cafe waiting to see performances. We couldn't get around because they separated Ruby Room and the Casino. Had to use the mobile to communicate.. Oppa captured this classic moment.. haha
So we danced and danced in the Ruby Room! For a total of 2 hrs Oppa and I grooved to all the classic RnB music. One good song after another and we couldn't leave the dance floor! And everyone kept on crowding in towards midnight coz they wanted to get showered by balloons (see above pic) Gawrsh.. it was so squashed. I tried to take a photo of the count down but stupid bright lights ruined it =P See pic below...
The crowd at Ruby..First photo for year 2007!2nd photo of year 2007! hehehe The guy didn't press his hand on the button so Oppa was telling him how to and "PASHA" Took a shot of Oppa do that "C" ahahah

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!!!!
May the year 2007 be one with many great memories & happy thoughts which in turn shall bring JOY and LAUGHTER into our fulfiling lives!!!

No comments: